Sunday, May 20, 2007

back to school?

It's strange how things work out. I have a possible job opportunity that requires me to go back to school to get a bachelor's degree. I just need the piece of paper, and would not thought of going back had this opportunity not come up. I've been questioning friends and praying it over, and it looks like I'm going to shoot for a degree in psychology. I also would never have thought of that field, until now. Further, another friend asked me if I had read a particular book, which deals with a young girl's fight out of madness. As I am reading this book, I begin to recognize patterns of behavior and thought that are not unfamiliar. I read things I've experienced, though not on the same level, and things my son has experienced. I already think like a person in the field and who has suffered struggles with borderline emotional and mental issues.

I'm nervous about getting into something that could be such a huge commitment, but something deeper inside tells me I need to. My personality and giftings run so powerfully in this direction. Being that I already have a job possibility, that is not the first concern, and it would have been had that not been the case. What is happening here?

If confirmation is happening, I need to pursue it. I thought for sure my art was my destiny. It is part of that, but not the whole picture. I can't even see more than a few lines right now. But that's the way faith is. Pursuing begins to make the invisible visible. So I guess it's back to school (again).

2 Comments:

Blogger jules said...

Good luck with that. I just finished school. It was hard, but worth the effort. And art is always there. It's what keeps me sane a lot of the time.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Sue O. (aka Joannie, SS) said...

I absolutely hear you there. If I don't draw or paint routinely, after time I get really restless. Thanks for the encouragement! I just don't know where this is going to lead.

4:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home