Saturday, August 16, 2008

square pegs

I never seem to attract the ordinary in my life. I do not know why this is, and my children share the same quality. The ordinary things of life turn into otherworldly weirdness with astonishing regularity. I tend not to think in normal terms, and this in turn brings about sudden bouts of strangeness that can happen anywhere, and without warning.

I do try to do things that make some sense. I think I do. But I like the surprising, and life always has that potential. My day today included a very nice note from an inmate who has gender switching issues. But he's/she's so sweet and the perfect lady/gentleman. It included a man who now lives with us and who has very interesting linguistic preferences. His life's goal is waste management, but not when it includes magnets (maggots). He got the job he has by presenting a resume with a professional floormat (format). You just never know what is going to come out.

I'm part of a band that just fell together with a singer who is taking voice lessons but can't quite sing, and a guitar player who has trouble transposing and a partially deaf keyboardist too short to keep my chest clear of the keys. But I try. And so that always makes for interesting sounds.

I'm not quite on the road I chose-oh, a very polite judge, and likewise very large, tall and polite desk sargent at the prison this morning...interesting conversations, weird place. They put up with us church ladies and always have something to say.

So the people in my life are the square pegs, those that don't show up in a life less strange. But the strange can be the wonderful, and I like the thought.

1 Comments:

Blogger sparrow said...

So the people in my life are the square pegs, those that don't show up in a life less strange. But the strange can be the wonderful, and I like the thought.

Rarely, are they otherwise.

<3

Good on you for knowing.

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home