Thursday, September 28, 2006

abundant life

I ended yesterday falling asleep at the computer, trying to write a coherent letter to a friend who needed encouragement. I woke up to patterns zooming around the monitor and hurried to sign off and get to bed. I got up this morning at 6 am, which for me is luxury sleeping, as my natural alarm rings an hour or more earlier most days, or I struggle with sleep. So I thought about yesterday and all that went on. The whole day could have been stamped "courtesy of the King of Kings". The wonder of it was that it was full of things that, even a year ago, I did not have, from jump start to exhausted finish. So I wanted to take this opportunity to thank the One who made it all possible.

Thank you for my excited start, anticipating being with people who care about me, meeting someone new and taking care of my family, while working on a study for a new group of ladies I didn't know existed a year ago. Thank you for the gifts from Your Word that I read yesterday morning, the constant reminder that I was chosen by You to be loved and guided through life. Thank you that I had time to put together a worship folder that I needed for the end of the day. Thank you for my time with two women who are becoming so dear to me, who I know will pray for me, sharing our struggles together and hearing them say how much the time and the sharing means. Thank you that I had to hurry home to my daughter and was able to take her to the doctor, a woman who has served our family for over 20 years now. When I got home my picture frames came in, and looked so perfect and beautiful on work I'm able to show with friends who care about me and continually inspire me with their creativity and talent. How fortunate I am! I went through the day's mail and there was a letter from my son to his beloved mumsy (that's me). Thank you for my patient and caring husband who supports a wife running from one place to another doing her things, and doesn't mind heating up his own dinner. Thank you that I wasn't too afraid to climb a huge (very huge), rickety staircase with keyboard in tow (and the worship folder) to a young man newly clean from a drug habit, wanting to serve and not minding an old lady for a partner. His joy and incredibly energetic guitar strumming gave the old mare new life. Thanks for another friend at the other end of the phone when I got home, laughing and chatting about life and God. Thanks for my precious daughter who thinks her mom's colored pencils are like magic wands. Thanks for a friend who inspires me with his posted words every day and boldness like a lion. Thanks for someone in need at the end of the day, and the ability to close my eyes in perfect peace.

Thank you, Lord, for saving my soul, thank you, Lord, for making me whole. Thank you, Lord, for giving to me, Thy great salvation so rich and free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home