Sunday, April 08, 2007

resurrection day

It's sort of an odd Easter-my husband and I are alone in the house. We do have a promise from Brandon to call, and Rebecca is headed back this way this afternoon after visiting her sister in Philly and having some fun days among work days in spring break. She babysits neighbor children, so weekdays she's working and going to school. I was feeling pretty sick without having to have total bedrest yesterday, but I'm better today. There's only a mild reminder of the pounding headache and I'm ready to get to church early and cook this afternoon.

I have to remember what this day means. Amid changes in life, feeling that the house is just too empty, what will the future hold, I feel old and tired too many days, I miss people who aren't around...there is one thing that never changes. My eternity Master and Friend goes through everything with me. He won that right on Calvary so many years ago. Jesus said to His disciples, "It's good for you that I go away, because if I don't go, the Holy Spirit won't come". Jesus was limited by the flesh in the days He walked the earth, but now, we have the Comforter, Paraclete, our Helper and the One who never leaves, the Spirit of truth. He's the one who loves through me and gives what I do such purpose.

I came home from the prison yesterday feeling not so great. I was glad to be there, and at the end of our time together, we held hands and prayed. Everyone prayed. There were no shy flowers, and it was just a simple time of giving thanks. After I got home and as the day wore on I thought of those women and all the words that were shared. It truly is a miracle I'm there. I have to remember that. If it were up to me, I wouldn't be. The love that was poured out on Calvary lasts for all time, backward to the dawn of it, forward to the end of it, the source cannot be exhausted. The resurrection bathed all of eternity in purpose and light. I was caught in that light that shines more and more brightly on my life the more I allow it to. That is what I wanted to communicate to the ladies today and remember myself. Every day of our lives can be a resurrection day if we let God have His way in our lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home