Saturday, April 19, 2008

all's well that ends...

My prison partner quit, or made a decision not to accept a decision handed down from chaplains regarding our SAV ladies 12 step group. It was this woman who came in with me at first behind the metal doors, the land of trust I would never venture to explore alone. My friend with her sort of manly and brusque manner, cutting wit, and deep understanding of the nature of addiction. It was a match made in heaven, or the weird level that bring a Laurel and a Hardy together. A Burns and Allen. An Abbott and a Costello...or so we were tagged by one inmate. This post is for you, P...I will miss you.

Some favorite quotes: "Ship High In Transit", "AA stand for Anything Addictive", it's the ten commandments, not the ten suggestions, GRACE-God's Riches At Christ's Expense, I'm a mainiac (she was from Caribou, Maine)...I wish I could remember more. But it was always interesting-I never knew what would come out of her mouth.

Can't think of anything worthy to close with except that we have to decide now who's on first. It was always your game.

2 Comments:

Blogger ~:*:*:Sparrow:*:*:~ said...

Bittersweet?

Hoping this was a 'positive' change for both of you... and for all whose lives you have touched together ... and will continue to touch individually.

<3

8:26 PM  
Blogger Sue O. (aka Joannie, SS) said...

Separation always is, but of course in the long run...

5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home