Saturday, May 10, 2008

bits and pieces

This is a long-awaited piece of inmate art from a cellie of Bran's. He decorated an envelope for my daughter. Pretty imaginative and cool. I thought old mom might get one, too, but I guess it took so long to do this one, I'm not going to hold my breath. Brandon is fine. He wrote me recently in a letter that he was flipping through channels and came across Ben-Hur on TCM. Our favorite actor is the man who portrays Pontius Pilate. We call him "pompous Pilate"-when this guy drops his hankie to start the famous chariot race, his face fairly defines arrogance. A funny moment remembered. Last week he was watching blacksploitation movies.

As Bran's stay lengthens, memories are happening and time is going by. Beck went to her senior prom and graduates in a few weeks. Life gets busier-the group at the jail is tightening up and I'm learning to be a leader. I still can't believe I'm there voluntarily, sharing their tears and fears, hopes and shattered dreams, things lost and reclaimed, while living through our own life's drama.

I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but for today, life keeps happening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home