Tuesday, April 22, 2008

the big net

I took some time yesterday to read some other blogs and see what's going on in lives not my own. I love running across people who paint such a great picture of their lives with words, the ordinary seems so alive! I think I tend to write "in the lines", close off the magic of the every day, especially things that appear to me to be not worthy of mention or extraneous details. I read JonsJailJournal daily, the continuing story of my friend and outmate, Shaun Attwood and his loyal troupe of bloggers. I enjoy and so appreciate my dear friend Pixie and her band of interesting friends, bloggers, commentors (find them at Sylph Nascency)...I spent a great deal of time reading one, Marmite Toasty-the daily adventures of a single English mum, her chickens Mabel and Janet, assorted cats and sons. Wonderfully silly and so real, homey and gracious. I think this woman should have her own book series and radio show, just reading what she writes in a divine "accent" (at least to me, a Yank). Some of these bloggers are so clever and witty-I love Wood Song and her verbal razor, sharp as any I've ever read, healing when it needs to be as well. From my perspective the mutual bond is the desire to find friends, family and friends of friends of inmates. Shannon Clark and Brett Hartmann are inmates-one I know, the other I do not...read their stories!

In the life of one person usually home, usually unsure of what the future holds and too oft anxious about it, it is so great to have an ever-available window on this wide, wide and varied world of ours. And friends known and unknown who are at the touch of a keyboard. I did hear from Shannon yesterday-how lovely, and I hope that I may meet this one friend and his "fingers" and connection to the outside. I await a visitation form. It's funny how people you've never met can become some of the closest friends in your life. And some who are "close" get too distant (I'm going to have to mail a verbal lashing to that son of mine, chuckle...not really-I sent a great letter yesterday). Good lookin' out, mates!

7 Comments:

Blogger ~:*:*:Sparrow:*:*:~ said...

*sigh*

*teary*

{{{Sue}}}... this was the nicest post I have read in a very, very, very, very long time...

Love.

10:31 AM  
Blogger wood_song said...

Oh, Sue...you are so kind.

11:31 AM  
Blogger MarmiteToasty said...

Goodness....... why fanks very much, Im surely not worthy of such praise.....

Im wellabit poorly at the moment so aint had the engery to update Twaddle, but hopefully in a few days when Im more up to 'things' I will shove up another gross post lol....

Fanks for stopping by, Im going to scroll back on your blob and ave a right proper read with a cuppa tea a little later........

x

12:25 AM  
Blogger Sue O. (aka Joannie, SS) said...

Worth every word, y'all, I assure you!!

11:15 AM  
Blogger ~:*:*:Sparrow:*:*:~ said...

*squeezing you*!!!!

<3

12:55 PM  
Blogger wood_song said...

Oh, Marmitetoasty, feel better soon! I've been reading your blog forever, and I laugh hard and long.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Shannon Clark said...

Thank you for the kind words and the true friendship you and I share. I forgot the visit form but will send one now. I cherish your letters, support, wisdom and YOU. You are loved and always welcome here.

Love,

Shannon

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home