Sunday, February 01, 2009

bragging rights













One of these things is not like the others, the rest of these things are kind of the same...Yes, in the face of such talent, I have decided I shall use my art talent to carve watermelons. (No, I did not carve the owl-I just aspire to do as well, chuckle).
Ok, on to my story. What do the rest of these pictures (paintings) have in common? They were all done by one family, two sons and a mom. I did not include the dad because if I did it would just be depressing. The first picture after the watermelon is by Dave Palumbo, the next by his brother, Tony, and the final two by mom, Julie Bell. And how do I know this? Well, I am going to meet them this Friday. Oh, the stepdad is Boris Vallejo. (Just look him up). My daughter is dating a son, and he was kind enough to issue an invitation to his group show at Artists' House in Philly this week. Part of the reason I got into art was finding Julie Bell's Hard Curves. I had no idea a woman could paint like that.
I'm trying hard to remain calm and be content with my own melons, LOL.


2 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

i really like these

3:40 PM  
Blogger thinkinkmesa said...

That last sentence made me LOL...thanks!
What a talented family of works you have shared.
I've always loved Boris art.
In fact one of his books is sitting on my shelf next to my dusty paints.

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home