Wednesday, February 25, 2009

new blog & news

I've started an art blog. I think I need to keep this one focused on Brandon, and it's too much about me. I'll put the address on my links list-http://obazart.blogspot.com. This will give me opportunity to share my work with friends on a regular basis, and be more disciplined about sharing Bran's letters in this one, and what's going on in prison and recovery ministry.

We started a new group at the jail two weeks ago. I say "new", but really, it was made up of women I've seen before. That was really discouraging, and yet, I simply believe my being there, our being there, is something that wouldn't be happening if God did not allow it, and it is important. If we weren't there, our influence would not be exerted in these precious lives, and Lord knows they need positive and truthful, helpful influence. What happens with it is up to them.

Brandon is well. He is now posting on Shaun Attwood's blog as a regular, which is awesome. Bran loves to write and expresses himself so well. The address is in my links list. Thanks, Shaun. He's doing well, hoping to possibly be transferred. He's a four hour drive away from us, so being 15 minutes away would be more than we could hope for, but he is eligible to put in for it. The only other medium security facility in the state besides Somerset is the one down the road from us. We'll see what happens!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home