Saturday, March 07, 2009

Brandon

Brandon called today. I missed him last week, and he usually calls weekly. His birthday is coming up at the end of the month (March 29). He will be 23 years old. If the weather cooperates, for the first time in a very long time the three siblings will be together. My daughter, Dena, has a very hard time getting away from school and work, but she's coming home for a visit and we plan to all go to Somerset on that Sunday. It should be a good time. Maybe these are the times I simply take for granted. The time is going by and I don't think much about how much is left. I just can't. But I do look forward to these times where we can visit.

I asked Bran what he wanted for his birthday, and he mentioned two books, The Monkey Wrench Gang and Trainspotting. So I just ordered those. I wish the prison had a food visitation day or something like that so we could bring some special things in for his birthday. I guess we'll have to make a cake out of vending machine food!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home